Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club

A gateway for our members, NP students, shooters and perspective students of NP who want to know more about us

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
All newly registered NPSC forum member, please go to the Introduction section in the Kopitiam to introduce yourself.Thank You

physical training

Go down 
+2
WiddleKitty
sebas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sebas
Sniper
Sniper
sebas

physical training Empty
PostSubject: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:05 pm

i dont know where to put this thread so i just put here first...

anyone got any ideas on activities we can do during PT? unless u all want to do only pushups, situps, campus run etc...
Back to top Go down
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm

my school PT... we do stretches, run one round around the track.. then do gym stuff.. focusing on arm muscles, wrists, core muscles, leg. sort of the whole package... 8 machines all together.. for the pistolers its diff they do their own machines then do the holding a weight up for one min thing.. each arm... then after everyone is done.. we do static together... every week, once a week
Back to top Go down
http://mylife-emberwolfe.blogspot.com
sebas
Sniper
Sniper
sebas

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:49 pm

not really possible to go gym... if there is alot of ppl gym will have a prob and somemore freshies still must go through gym orientation first...
Back to top Go down
dennis tan
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
dennis tan

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:19 am

gym is definitely out for big groups. but we can increase the number of types of exercises for the PT.

like wad kitty say. we can do stretching and stuff. stretching and itself can usually take abt half an hour. strengthening and conditioning the core muscles, which is crucial, can even take up to an hour or so. after which stamina or x-training can be done. like jogs, runs or swims. and of cos, not forgetting the warm-ups and cool-downs. which would prolly sum up the PT to a duration of abt 2 hrs.

the main thing is to repeat stretches and strengthening & conditioning exercises in multiple alternating sets. and at each PT session, try to create a different pattern/order of doing these exercises or even better, focus on certain groups of exercises on one session and on another in the next session and so on. this helps to ensure that the body doesn't get too used to a certain exercise from repetitive and regular similar workouts, which is critical when strengthening muscles.

x-training is another impt exercise to maintain or increase ur body's ability to endure and withstand long periods of training.
Back to top Go down
http://eflaminphoenix.blogspot.com
Panda
Elite Shooter
Elite Shooter
Panda

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:08 am

Most imptly, is to work out the core muscles regardless u'r a pistol or rifle shooter. Stamina is also another impt factor, swimming no doubt is good to increase ur lungs capacity. For those we cannot swim, jogging and running will be another alt. to build up ur stamina
Back to top Go down
http://nolifer-lyj.blogspot.com/
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:21 pm

PT IN A GROUP IS A MUST! IT MAKES EXERCISING MORE ENJOYABLE!

plus, share the pain, you're all teammates Smile

eventho im sick i just went to see the others do PT today.. haha... good for chit chat..
Back to top Go down
sebas
Sniper
Sniper
sebas

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:36 pm

i think starting do PT as a big grp first, then slowly divide out into rifle and pistol then do their own specific trainings
Back to top Go down
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:02 pm

nonono.. there should be interaction between riflers and pistolers. like in my school, we do stretches together, run together, then split up and do gym training as riflers and pistolers, but after everything finishes, we come back together to do static. it promotes closeness among the team, so its not split strictly into rifler-pistoler groups.
Back to top Go down
JJ

JJ

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:47 pm

floorball pt. we do....sets of 4 jumping jacks multiply by the number of people there for training....hahha! its fun and interesting.....as every1 counts one by one.....
Back to top Go down
dennis tan
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
dennis tan

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:39 am

jumping jacks is extremely bad for any athlete and it shld not be done for any type of physical training or warm ups.

several studies hav shown that jumping jacks are detrimental to many parts of the body, esp joints. it is therefore, strongly advised that jumping jacks are not done as part of any stretches. this is also the reason why our club physical training has not included jumping jacks as a warm up.

The following excerpt provides a short explanation why jumping jacks shld not be done:

A general warm-up should start with a few minutes of aerobic activity—for example, jogging, shadowboxing, or any exercise or game having a similar effect on the cardiovascular system. The one exception: Don't do jumping jacks.

Why not jumping jacks? Because there is no technique in sports that is similar to and can be improved by doing jumping jacks, but what is more important jumping jacks can neurologically disorganize a person (Diamond 1979). Jumping jacks, even for normal persons, can cause regression to an out-of-sync, homolateral pattern of locomotion (left arm swings forward with the left leg, right arm with right leg) and “a vague feeling of confusion” (Diamond 1979).1 An instructor who makes athletes do jumping jacks shows ignorance of exercise physiology, proper methods of training, and pedagogy. Jumping jacks raise the blood level of lactate before the main part of the workout and they are not a lead-up exercise for any technique.

Reference: http://www.stadion.com/column_stretch12.html - Section: General Warm-up
Back to top Go down
http://eflaminphoenix.blogspot.com
JJ

JJ

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:46 am

dennis tan wrote:
jumping jacks is extremely bad for any athlete and it shld not be done for any type of physical training or warm ups.

several studies hav shown that jumping jacks are detrimental to many parts of the body, esp joints. it is therefore, strongly advised that jumping jacks are not done as part of any stretches. this is also the reason why our club physical training has not included jumping jacks as a warm up.

The following excerpt provides a short explanation why jumping jacks shld not be done:

A general warm-up should start with a few minutes of aerobic activity—for example, jogging, shadowboxing, or any exercise or game having a similar effect on the cardiovascular system. The one exception: Don't do jumping jacks.

Why not jumping jacks? Because there is no technique in sports that is similar to and can be improved by doing jumping jacks, but what is more important jumping jacks can neurologically disorganize a person (Diamond 1979). Jumping jacks, even for normal persons, can cause regression to an out-of-sync, homolateral pattern of locomotion (left arm swings forward with the left leg, right arm with right leg) and “a vague feeling of confusion” (Diamond 1979).1 An instructor who makes athletes do jumping jacks shows ignorance of exercise physiology, proper methods of training, and pedagogy. Jumping jacks raise the blood level of lactate before the main part of the workout and they are not a lead-up exercise for any technique.

Reference: http://www.stadion.com/column_stretch12.html - Section: General Warm-up

Okay...icicic
Back to top Go down
G.genesix-DM

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:59 pm

sebas wrote:
not really possible to go gym... if there is alot of ppl gym will have a prob and somemore freshies still must go through gym orientation first...
But almost all the freshies in NPSC are year 2s. Wink
Back to top Go down
sebas
Sniper
Sniper
sebas

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:05 am

not really. Those who go camp almost all year 2.. but then still got some is year 1 who went for course
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

physical training Empty
PostSubject: Re: physical training   physical training I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

physical training
Page 1 of 1