Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club

A gateway for our members, NP students, shooters and perspective students of NP who want to know more about us

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
All newly registered NPSC forum member, please go to the Introduction section in the Kopitiam to introduce yourself.Thank You

Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kishikaisei
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
kishikaisei

Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles Empty
PostSubject: Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles   Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:10 am

Just asking (for the benefit of others who are unsure too >_<),

how does one 'reset' the zeroing on the air rifle?

Most of us won't have our own, exclusive rifles so we have to share the rifles with other users who might have done zeroing to their own preferences. 'Resetting' the zeroing of the rifle makes it more convenient (I feel) for one to adjust according to his own, perhaps preset, preferences, no? Razz

Sorry if this is a noob question :X
Back to top Go down
Panda
Elite Shooter
Elite Shooter
Panda

PostSubject: Re: Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles   Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:11 am

Wad do u mean by resetting the zero-ing?
Back to top Go down
http://nolifer-lyj.blogspot.com/
dennis tan
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
dennis tan

PostSubject: Re: Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles   Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:41 am

I believe wad stan is trying to imply is just simply zeroing. There's no reset for zeroing, unless mayb if the weapon is electronic (correct me if i'm wrong, bcos as far as i know i nvr ever heard of any resetting switch for sighting equipment)

So you dn reset the zeroing on the air rifle or air pistol. Technically speaking, it's not about zeroing the weapon. Rather it's zeroing the rear sight on the weapon. (but to make things easier to say, it's zeroing the weapon. LOL.) So if a certain sighting is obtained when shooting a grouping with a shared weapon, the shooter shld simply just zero the sighting to the centre of the target.

Let's give an easy example between two shooters who know each other and share the same weapon. Both of them can easily zero their weapon to their own requirements. All they have to take note of is, what is the number of clicks in terms of height and lateral difference, i.e. Elevation & Windage. Sounds easy by just remembering the difference, doesnt it? It gets more complicated as the number of shooters using the same weapon. So do the math yourself! Haha.

And don't worry about asking questions. Don't even start thinking if it's noob or not. Everyone starts off somewhere and it's how they learn and get better. =)

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://eflaminphoenix.blogspot.com
kishikaisei
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
kishikaisei

PostSubject: Re: Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles   Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:41 pm

Panda wrote:
Wad do u mean by resetting the zero-ing?

Like perhaps, if the original zero value (if there is one) is L = 0, R = 0,

and someone used the rifle and set the zero value to R = 5 because his shots are all grouped to the left,

and then someone else used the rifle and did zeroing to L = 2 because his shots all veered to the right.

When it finally comes to me to pick up the rifle I wouldn't know the value is at L = 2 (because i'm inexperienced :X) and thus proceed to zero to the my 'preset' zero-ing value, perhaps R = 1, assuming that the zero value is L = 0, R = 0. However, in fact, I just changed the value to L = 1, and all my shots go off. I then proceed to curse and swear at myself Sad

But anyway, JC just cleared most of my doubts Razz Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sei
Veteran Shooter
Veteran Shooter
Sei

PostSubject: Re: Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles   Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:31 pm

Lol, if you're still unsure, just ask any of our club shooters who have been shooting long to teach u this loh..
Back to top Go down
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

PostSubject: Re: Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles   Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:49 pm

can someone teach him on the ground? Very Happy think zeroing needs a more practical approach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles   Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help on 'Zero-ing' for Air Rifles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club :: Just SHOOT lah :: Air Rifle-
Jump to: