Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club

A gateway for our members, NP students, shooters and perspective students of NP who want to know more about us

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
All newly registered NPSC forum member, please go to the Introduction section in the Kopitiam to introduce yourself.Thank You

Effects of Caffine on Athletes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Panda
Elite Shooter
Elite Shooter
Panda

Effects of Caffine on Athletes Empty
PostSubject: Effects of Caffine on Athletes   Effects of Caffine on Athletes I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:11 am

A short write up pn how coffee can affects a human body, this does not only apply to athletes or shooters.
1. Effects of Coffee on the Human Body: Many coffee drinkers say they can't do without it as a pick-me-up during the day. But let us see what really happens after that coffee break. After coffee consumption, mental tempo rises first, and speed of association increases, but there is a noticeable decrease in the quality of work being done.
In test examinations it was seen that the subjects finished quicker, but that false conclusions were more frequent. Reliability and accuracy definitely took a beating as a result of a coffee pep-up. The physical result is the same. Caffeine raises muscular output temporarily, but in severe physical demands of longer duration, the muscular output decreases. Many of them do expect coffee to take the place of "oats". They pass up a solid breakfast because they can get by with coffee. The stimulating and exhilarating affects coffee produces is usually followed by a loss of energy and a feeling of unsteadiness. No matter how we look at it, coffee takes more from the body than it gives. All coffees contain caffeine but in varying amounts. Fresh ground coffee is the most potent in caffeine. Instant coffees contain half as much and decaffeinated coffees contain about one third as much. It is imperative that a shooter refrain from drinking coffee before and during the shooting session and be moderate in coffee consumption when not firing.

2. Are you considering a change of pace drink, like tea? Before you do, read the following:
It is not generally known that tea has larger amounts of caffeine and tannic acid (the two most detrimental ingredients) per weight, than coffee. Caffeine in tea leaves is about three percent in ratio of one to two percent in coffee. The general effects of caffeine are cerebral, cardiac and diuretic (copious urination) stimulation. As to tannic acid, tea leaves have about ten percent while coffee berries have only about five percent content. Tannic acid, when brought into contact with mucous membrane, acts as an astringent and diminishes its secretions. It coagulates albuminous substances and thus hardens animal source food matter in the stomach with which it comes in contact. It also leads to more rapid clotting of the blood when absorbed into blood circulation. There is evidence of liver damage from extensive use. In solution, it is unstable and should not come in contact with metals. Since coffee is made about twice as strong as tea in liquid form, a strong cupful of either will contain about two grains of caffeine and over three grains of tannic acid.

(Taken from some article i read, did not edit the point no. 2)
Back to top Go down
http://nolifer-lyj.blogspot.com/
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Caffine on Athletes   Effects of Caffine on Athletes I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:07 pm

T.T but i lieks mai tea!! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://mylife-emberwolfe.blogspot.com
Panda
Elite Shooter
Elite Shooter
Panda

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Caffine on Athletes   Effects of Caffine on Athletes I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:31 pm

1 more thing...there is also caffine in soft drinks like coke. but i'm not sure abt the amt in 1 serving...
Back to top Go down
http://nolifer-lyj.blogspot.com/
sebas
Sniper
Sniper
sebas

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Caffine on Athletes   Effects of Caffine on Athletes I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:44 pm

the amount of caffine in coke is quite low.. but then i think shi wei cannot drink coke also... later sugar rush + caffine. hahahahaah
Back to top Go down
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Caffine on Athletes   Effects of Caffine on Athletes I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:14 pm

T.T eee daddy remove my post lor.. *sobsob*
Back to top Go down
http://mylife-emberwolfe.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Effects of Caffine on Athletes   Effects of Caffine on Athletes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Effects of Caffine on Athletes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club :: Just SHOOT lah :: Athletes' Lounge-
Jump to: