Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club

A gateway for our members, NP students, shooters and perspective students of NP who want to know more about us

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
All newly registered NPSC forum member, please go to the Introduction section in the Kopitiam to introduce yourself.Thank You

knuckles or palm?

Go down 
+6
dennis tan
[~philip~]
Panda
sharpshooter
Sei
WiddleKitty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

knuckles or palm? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Panda wrote:
hahaa...cos too short...Razz (OPPS)

at least i not too fat Razz

.... ooops. Razz cat Surprised cat Laughing cat Very Happy cat Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mylife-emberwolfe.blogspot.com
Panda
Elite Shooter
Elite Shooter
Panda

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 11:09 pm

eh...pistol if size big...easy u know...no need CG...just stand straight...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://nolifer-lyj.blogspot.com/
sebas
Sniper
Sniper
sebas

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 am

lol off topic.... i think using palm is not gd as it provides not much support and easy to injure one wrist??thats what i think
Back to top Go down
dennis tan
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
dennis tan

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 1:36 am

sebas wrote:
lol off topic.... i think using palm is not gd as it provides not much support and easy to injure one wrist??thats what i think

if taz wad you think, thn let me give my 2 cents worth here...

all kinds of supporting grip methods hav its own pros and cons and it also depends on the vital stats of the shooter using it. optimum support can be achieved in several different ways. for example, some shooters use the whole of their palm and fingers to support the rifle, i.e. creating a full flat support.

wrist injury is avoidable if you do it correctly, this applies for all methods of supporting grip, even with a clenched fist. no matter wad, you cant judge a support gripping style until you've try and tested it for ur own shooting style over a period of time. esp if you are using any one different method juz that once as it wun show the advantages and disadvantages of it instantly.
Back to top Go down
http://eflaminphoenix.blogspot.com
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:06 pm

p}{oenix wrote:
sebas wrote:

if taz wad you think, thn let me give my 2 cents worth here...

all kinds of supporting grip methods hav its own pros and cons and it also depends on the vital stats of the shooter using it. optimum support can be achieved in several different ways. for example, some shooters use the whole of their palm and fingers to support the rifle, i.e. creating a full flat support.

wrist injury is avoidable if you do it correctly, this applies for all methods of supporting grip, even with a clenched fist. no matter wad, you cant judge a support gripping style until you've try and tested it for ur own shooting style over a period of time. esp if you are using any one different method juz that once as it wun show the advantages and disadvantages of it instantly.

i've tried the palm style before.. its totally not for me.. because.. 1... it makes the gun too low for me.... 2.. my wrists hurt after like one round of dry firing... haha... im sticking to my clenched fist
Back to top Go down
Sei
Veteran Shooter
Veteran Shooter
Sei

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Same here!! Gun will be too low and my wrist hurt like crazy sia~~

I prefer either my clenched fist or the sniper style~~ Woots~~ clenched fist rocks!!!
Back to top Go down
WiddleKitty
Sniper
Sniper
WiddleKitty

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Sei wrote:
Same here!! Gun will be too low and my wrist hurt like crazy sia~~

I prefer either my clenched fist or the sniper style~~ Woots~~ clenched fist rocks!!!

yeah! *hi 5*

its better for those who dont have incredibly/abnormally long necks
Back to top Go down
dennis tan
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
dennis tan

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 10:35 pm

it's not abt long necks either.

generally pple who use their heel of the palm, are those tall shooters or really really tall. but taz not the only thing. some other shooters use tis method too. it differs amongst shooters' preference lar. i cant comment much. it's their own comfort spot afterall.

one thing i dn understand is how do your wrists even hurt? if u are bending ur wrist at a 90 deg angle, thn that is wrong. (but again, of cos, there are shooters who do so.) using the heel of the palm doesnt require the wrist to bend that much. at the most prolly only 60 degress dwn. it shldnt even hurt, the only reason i can conclude frm a hurt wrist is wad i've juz said.

one thing abt the initial stages of the method of using the heel of ur palm is that it definitely does causes pain and sore on ur palm heel, due to the weight of the rifle constantly applying its dwnward pressure on to the heel. but of cos like any other gripping style, the pain is nth over after so many many many trainings...
Back to top Go down
http://eflaminphoenix.blogspot.com
Sei
Veteran Shooter
Veteran Shooter
Sei

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 9:10 pm

hmm.. coz when i shoot, i always like to adjust my rifle straight and true so that i can see the target thru my front and rear sight, and by doing so, i tend to bend my wrists so that my neck (no offence) can actually be relaxed, that my cheek can rest on the cheek rest (and i adjusted to the maximum lowest~) after that which i can actually aim and shoot at the target with ease~~ tats when i join npsc during first year of course~~

But during my sec. sch shooting days, i told my juniors to use either palm or clenched fist~~ whichever they are comfortable, and i was trained by my seniors to use clenched fist which i found very much comfortable than using palm~~
Back to top Go down
Coconut&amppeanut

Coconut&amppeanut

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:43 am

Once a coach told me before the way you hold ur rifle is link to your height... if u realise many tall people don't knuckles... but either ways with porper training and sufficient training, you can do equally well.
Back to top Go down
kishikaisei
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
kishikaisei

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:56 am

to each his own i guess.

but for me i go for knuckles Razz i condition my knuckles so it's relatively more comfortable and easy to aim for me than using my palms.

although sometimes i go sniper style in between shots for the comfort and fun of it :X
Back to top Go down
sebas
Sniper
Sniper
sebas

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:58 am

kishikasei, can go intro ?? so that everyone knows who u ar.
thankyou
Back to top Go down
kishikaisei
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
kishikaisei

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 12:59 am

sebas wrote:
kishikasei, can go intro ?? so that everyone knows who u ar.
thankyou

yes, master Sad
Back to top Go down
JJ

JJ

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:10 am

i use my knuckles....

but wif long fingernails...it kinda hurt my palm...coz da fingernails poke into my palm...
betta check my fingernails before training....
Back to top Go down
JJ

JJ

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm

lol...ya la....cutting my fingernails nw...LOL
Back to top Go down
Sei
Veteran Shooter
Veteran Shooter
Sei

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Anyway, do remember to do some wrist exercise while doing warm up~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: knuckles or palm?   knuckles or palm? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

knuckles or palm?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ngee Ann Polytechnic Shooting Club :: Just SHOOT lah :: Air Rifle-
Jump to: